Looking for a challenging but rewarding role in Paradise?
WCSS Security Services is looking for a highly experienced Security Manager to undertake a demanding role in the Resort and Hospitality Sector.
This position is in the Turks & Caicos Islands, a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean.
This is a senior position and requires an exceptional and outstanding candidate to perform this demanding role.
· Reporting into the Director responsible for Security you will be responsible for ensuring the security of all residents, guests and members across a number of properties.
· You will work closely with the wider hotel team to secure all areas of the resorts and resident areas both front and back of house. The role involves the ability to pre-empt and deliver a luxurious and high-quality level of service whilst managing delivery and service targets.
· You will work in close contact with all other resort departments to ensure a smooth and consistent service, surpassing the guests’ expectations.
· You will create, implement, deliver, and monitor resort security policies and procedures.
· You will direct, administer, and supervise, plan, coordinate and participate in the activities of the Security Department engaged in the implementation of the Resort Groups security and safety procedures.
· You will achieve conformance to and enforce policies and procedures & rules and regulations as laid down by The Resort Group and ourselves in order to achieve the highest levels of security and guest service.
· You are responsible for the safety and security of guests, employees, and the Resorts assets.
· You will maintain cooperation with the police and fire authorities and give assistance in the handling of crimes, accidents and emergencies involving the resorts, its staff or its guests.
· You will be responsible for preparation of annual security goals, develops working methods and plans to carry out goals, comparing actual accomplishments against goals periodically and taking necessary corrective action.
· Ensure that all the safety & security staff are fully conversant with the operation of all fire equipment’s in the resorts and that such equipment is fully utilized.
· Coordinates all aspects of the Resorts Security Programs with the Department Heads.
· Assist the Executive Team to conduct and review periodic Risk Assessments in accordance with Workplace Safety & Health needs and maintain proper records.
Ideal candidate profile
· Level of Education Batchelors Degree but preferably Master of Arts Degree
· Areas of study Hospitality Management or a security related discipline
· Professional experiences 15 years plus
· Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
To be successful in the position you will have to possess the following qualities:
· At least 10 years’ experience in a high level role with security or law enforcement responsibility or/and in such a role in the hospitality industry
· Preferably military, law enforcement or high-profile hospitality experience in depth
· Have led a team of at least 20 people
· Proficient in MS Office application & Outlook
· Service-oriented with a strong desire in achieving total customer and staff satisfaction
· Ability to adapt to change
· Ability to take quick and good decisions
· Strong leadership skills with an ability to develop procedures and ensure they are implemented fully and effectively
· Understand the need to be accountable as well as responsible for inputs, outputs and outcomes
· Willing to work out of normal working hours and during weekends and public holidays
Interested candidates are invited to apply with your updated detailed resume, cover letter, last drawn and expected salary and date of your availability.
Our Security Company:
Situated in the Turks & Caicos Islands, our company represents the very highest in security and safety. We have many iconic clients in the tourism and hospitality sector, some extending across several sites with beach front locations. Many are five-star category resorts. Resorts have expansive gardens and are high profile given the respect which Turks & Caicos is shown by the global tourism industry, often winning best beach and best Caribbean Island Awards. Locations are positioned within extensive gardens and many with beach frontage.
Given the reputation of Turks & Caicos the resorts attract many high profile and discerning clients and demand a commensurate high level of security and safety for their guests and staff.
Our company has traded since 2010 and is seen as a highly professional provider of security services with experience and an approach that matches the philosophy of our clients. Our company core business is physical guarding, while we are extending and proving to be strong in the electronic security sector also. We continue to grow as the need for professional security in Turks & Caicos continues to increase.